Thank you for visiting Ashlawn Energy
|Ashlawn Energy provides energy storage solutions with its VanCharg™ system. Ashlawn is proud to develop and manufacture in the United States of America with the support of a US Department of Energy SmartGrid award and a network of national laboratories.|
Watch Ashlawn Energy President, Norma Byron, describe the collaboration between Ashlawn Energy, the City of Painesville in Ohio, and the Painesville Municipal Electric Plant
What is VanCharg™?
VanCharg™ is an electrical storage system (battery) capable of storing enough electricity to provide back-up power to hundreds of homes support the transmission and distribution of electricity. VanCharg™ reduces electricity costs and cuts carbon emissions by allowing customers to "beat the peak" and store less expensive and less polluting power produced at night for use during peak hours.
VanCharg™ safely holds megawatt hours of electricity for milliseconds to months and has been called the 'missing link' required to safely connect massive solar and wind farms to the electrical grid
Learn more about flow battery technology:
- Building a Better Battery: November 2008 Wall Street Journal article on the market for flow battery energy storage technologies
- Wikipedia entry on flow batteries: An information page on flow batteries maintained collaboratively by experts from around the world
Learn more about Energy Storage and the SmartGrid:
- ESA: The Electricity Storage Association is a trade association established to foster development and commercialization of energy storage technologies
- DOE EERE: The United Stated Department of Energy (DOE) Efficiency & Renewable Energy site
- DOE Smart Grid: Visit the Department of Energy Smart Grid portal
- DOE Energy Storage: Visit the Department of Energy Energy Storage information area